TERMS & CONDITIONS
We aim to ensure that all guests have a peaceful, relaxing stay at St Marguerite. You will be provided with:
• a clean, comfortable room for the duration of your stay complete with tea and coffee-making facilities, free-view television, changes of bed linen every four days and towels every three days for stays in excess of that duration. Your room will be made up, cleaned and restocked every day you are with us;
• a generous, home-cooked breakfast made from high-quality ingredients every day of your stay;
• an en-suite or dedicated shower room and toilet, stocked with towels, shower gel and toilet paper, cleaned every day you are with us. A hairdryer is also provided in every room.
You can be assured of the highest levels of service and attention to detail while you are with us.
In return, when staying at St Marguerite, we would ask you to treat it as you would your own home. In cases of bad behaviour, nuisance or rudeness to guests or proprietors, or excessive noise, you may be asked to leave the premises without any refund of your costs. We also reserve the right to make a charge for additional cleaning in the event that a room is left in an excessively dirty or damaged state. Naturally, we hope we never have to use these measures against any guest.
Reservations made more than seven days prior to arrival will be subject to a deposit equivalent to one nights stay for your party payable by debit or credit card. The deposit is non-refundable unless cancelled by St Marguerite. Written confirmation of your reservation will be sent to you via e-mail, we will retain your debit/credit card receipt pending your arrival. The balance of the cost for the stay paid will be deducted seven days prior to your stay.
Reservations made less than seven days prior to arrival must be paid in full in advance by debit or credit card. A written confirmation will be sent by e-mail
Arrivals and departures
We prefer to welcome guests between 16:00 and 20:00, earlier or later arrivals are possible by prior arrangement. If you are able to give us your expected time of arrival, we would be very grateful.
If you arrive very late, and have not called us to advise your expected time of arrival, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to gain access to St Marguerite, so it is in your interests to advise us if you expect to arrive late.
Please vacate your room by 10:00 on the day of your departure. Again, we will be flexible with the departure time by prior arrangement.
We would remind you that a reservation means you have entered into a legally-binding contract with us. A first nights deposit will always apply to confirm your stay; however If you cancel your reservation, your will still be charged 100% of the total cost of your stay.
We therefore advise you to take out adequate travel insurance to protect yourself against any cancellation costs.
We advise you to take out adequate travel insurance to protect yourself against any cancellation costs.
All guests will be offered a breakfast consisting of fruit, cereal, fruit juice and a home-cooked full English breakfast with toast, freshly-brewed tea and/or coffee.
• The composition of the breakfast may vary according to availability of ingredients.
• The cost of your breakfast is included in the overnight rate.
• No refunds will be given for meals not taken.
In accordance with UK law, St Marguerite is a no-smoking guest house. Guests are welcome to smoke on the veranda, or in the garden, where ashtrays will be provided.
Guests found smoking inside the premises will be asked to leave and will have no part of the cost of their stay refunded. Additionally, if a guest has been smoking in their room, they will be charged an additional fee of up to £150 for thorough cleaning of the room.
We regret we cannot accommodate pets at St Marguerite.